Located next to the Library, the award-winning TCC Learning Commons offers a variety of free tools and resources to help students be successful, including tutoring, academic success coaching, resources, and computer access. Services are first-come, first-serve, with no appointment necessary.
Learning Commons Resources
The Learning Commons provides free tutoring services to all currently enrolled TCC students and our university partner students. Our tutors are certified in levels 1 and 2 through the College Reading & Learning Association International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC). Students can access Learning Commons tutoring in person and online.
- Understanding key concepts from your course
- Building strategies to prevent you from falling behind
- Developing test preparation and study skills
- Using your calculator more efficiently
- Obtaining resources relevant to concepts from your course
Before meeting with a tutor:
- Try the assignment ahead of time to see where you really need assistance.
- Be organized and have everything ready to utilize your time with a tutor.
- Try not to wait until the last minute to process a large volume of material.
- Prepare for your tutor by signing in on the computer and preparing your questions.
Materials to bring with you:
- Computer or laptop with relevant course and/or software open
- Relevant class notes
- Paper, pencil, eraser, and calculator
- Study guides or assignments